Getting Started with On Demand and Student Texts
Thank you for choosing Foundations in Personal Finance to teach financial literacy to your High School students. Each chapter is organized in a systematic format that is outlined below. Regardless of how you use this curriculum or which chapter you start with, begin the first day of class by following the getting started instructions below.
On Demand at FoundationsDigital.com
- Videos: Select “View” on the dashboard to access the videos.
- Assessments: Each module contains an auto-graded Pre and Post-Test. Assessment questions are randomized for each student.
- Course Resources: The course resources section contains the following additional tools:
- Two 45- and one 90-day syllabus to help you plan
- Lesson plans outlining each chapter in detail
- Pre-test and post-test
- Printable list of The Five Foundations
- Certificate of completion
- Student activities – five or more per chapter
- Case studies
- The Dave Ramsey Show radio calls
- Student textbook answer keys
- Custom Syllabus: This is where you can hide complete modules or hide specific content pieces within each module.
Walk students through the first chapter in the student text and highlight each component. Explain that each chapter contains:
- Before You Begin: Each chapter contains an Introduction Page, Learning Outcomes, Key Terms, and Measure Your Progress.
- Main Chapter Content: The chapter content has been designed to follow the video segments. There video prompts throughout the chapter so that you will know where the next video segment begins.
- Fill-Ins: The purpose of the fill-ins is to lead students through the workbook content as they are watching the instructor on video.
- Journal Questions: Each video segment ends with a journal question. These questions are intended to promote self-reflection. They may also be used as a formative assessment.
- Sidebar Content: Sidebar content contains relevant statistics, student feedback, quotes, case studies and additional topic information.
- Charts/Graphs: Each chapter contains one or more graphs and charts to enhance visual learning.
- Dave Q&A: Dave answers specific questions which supplement chapter content.
- Budget Builder: At the end of each chapter, there is a budget builder activity prompt that will direct students to FoundationsU for a short, interactive budget lesson.
- Chapter Summary: The chapter summary is intended to provide differentiated instruction and formative assessment opportunities for student. Chapter summaries can include Check for Understanding, Build on What You’ve Learned, Take Action Challenge, Big Ideas, Matching, Illustration and Multiple Choice and Short Answer Quizzes.