This article describes the procedure for integrating FoundationsDigital with a school's LMS using LTI integration, providing your students and teachers the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO) and auto-creation of classes and individual student accounts.
In This Article
What You’ll Need
- A paid subscription to at least one FoundationsDigital curriculum (i.e. Foundations in Personal Finance for High School, Foundations in Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- LMS or other learning platform that supports external LTI 1.0 tools
- The unique consumer key and secret for your school
- XML Code for your curriculum subscription
- An active teacher account
Administrators for Learning Management Systems (LMS’) can set up LTI 1.0 external tools with FoundationsDigital.
The external tool must be set up on the class level.
Our LTI integration provides single sign-on (SSO), class provisioning, and individual student account provisioning.
We do not currently offer an integration for gradebook sync.
Set up a Manual LTI Integration
Specific instructions for some popular LMS applications and learning platforms can be found using the links below. If you don't see your application you can still set up LTI tools as long as your application supports the LTI 1.0 standard.
Teachers will first need to log in to their FoundationsDigital account to retrieve the school’s consumer key and consumer secret, along with the curriculum’s XML. Select “Account Settings” from the menu in the upper right. Then click the button under Connect to My LMS to generate the parameters.
Copy the Consumer Secret, the Consumer Key and the XML code for your curriculum and follow your LMS's instructions for manual integration.
Instructions for LTI Integration with Popular LMS