This article walks administrators through setup of the Schoology LTI integration with our Foundations Curriculum. This provides students and teachers the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO) and auto-creation of classes and individual student accounts.
In This Article
What You’ll Need
- A paid subscription to at least one Foundations curriculum (i.e. Foundations in Personal Finance for High School, Foundations in Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Teacher access to Schoology
- The unique consumer key and secret for your school
- XML Code for your curriculum subscription
- Active teacher account
Retrieving Your LTI Parameters from FoundationsDigital
First, the teacher will need to log in to RamseyClassroom.com to generate or retrieve the school’s consumer key and consumer secret, along with the curriculum’s XML. These can be found by selecting “Account Settings” from the menu in the upper right by your name, clicking Connect to My LMS, and then generating the parameters.
NOTE: When setting an up an external tool in Schoology, you will be prompted for a URL. This URL can be found within the provided XML Configuration. It is titled Launch URL.
Schoology Setup for Teachers
- In Schoology, click Courses. Then choose a course.
- Under Materials, select Add Materials. Then select Add File/Link/External Tool.
- Click External Tool.
- Set the fields as follows:
- Title: Whatever name you would like to use for the app
- URL: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Consumer Key: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Shared Secret: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Custom Parameters: leave blank
- Click the new link that appears under Materials. You may have to refresh your browser for the link to appear. The first time you click on this link your Foundations class will be created.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Foundations gradebook sync with Schoology?
Not at this time. Our current LTI integration provides students and teachers the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO) and auto-creation of classes and individual student accounts.