This article walks Canvas administrators through setup of the Canvas LTI integration with our Foundations curriculum. This provides students and teachers the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO) and auto-creation of classes and individual student accounts.
In This Article
What You’ll Need
- A paid subscription to at least one Foundations curriculum (i.e. Foundations in Personal Finance for High School, Foundations in Entrepreneurship, etc.)
- Teacher access to Canvas
- The unique consumer key and secret for your school
- XML Code for your curriculum subscription
- Active teacher account
Retrieving Your LTI Parameters from FoundationsDigital
First, the teacher will need to log in to RamseyClassroom.com to generate or retrieve the school’s consumer key and consumer secret, along with the curriculum’s XML. These can be found by selecting “Account Settings” from the menu in the upper right by your name, clicking Connect to My LMS, and then generating the parameters.
Canvas Setup for Teachers
- In Canvas, click Courses. Then choose a course.
- Click Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab and select View App Configurations.
- Click + App
- Under Configuration Type, select Paste XML.
- Set the fields as follows:
- Name: Whatever name you would like to use for the app
- Consumer Key: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Shared Secret: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- XML Configuration: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
Then click Submit.
- Click the new link that appears in your course navigation. You may have to refresh your browser for the link to appear. The first time you click on this link your Foundations class will be created.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a teacher, I am seeing an error when I click the link to open the app in Canvas.
Be sure you’re logged into Canvas as a Teacher (not an administrator) and that you are using the email address that we have on file for your RamseyClassroom account. If the error persists, contact us and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot.
My students are seeing an error when they click the link to open the app in Canvas.
Many schools/districts have multiple email addresses for students. Be sure your students are using the Canvas alias/email address that they used when they first accessed the app in Canvas. They cannot use a secondary alias or parent Canvas account to access the app.
Can Foundations Curriculum be embedded into a Canvas assignment or module?
Not at this time. Foundations curriculum can only be embedded at the course level in Canvas.
Does Foundations Curriculum offer gradebook sync with Canvas?
Not at this time. Our current LTI integration provides students and teachers the convenience of Single Sign-On (SSO) and auto-creation of classes and individual student accounts.