Retrieving Your LTI Parameters
First, the teacher will need to log in to RamseyClassroom.com to retrieve the school’s consumer key and consumer secret, along with the curriculum’s launch URL from Account Settings.
Schoology Setup for Teachers
- In Schoology, click Courses. Then choose a course.
- Under Materials, select Add Materials. Then select Add File/Link/External Tool.
- Click External Tool.
- Set the fields as follows:
- Title: Your choice
- URL: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Consumer Key: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Shared Secret: Retrieved from the Account Settings at RamseyClassroom
- Custom Parameters: leave blank
- Click Submit.
- Click the new link that appears under Materials. You may have to refresh your browser for the link to appear. The first time you click on this link your Foundations class will be created.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a teacher, I am seeing an error when I click the link to open the app in Schoology.
- You’re logged into Schoology as a Teacher (not an administrator)
- That you are using the email address that we have on file for your RamseyClassroom account
- You copied the full consumer key and secret (no spaces)
- That there is not an extra space at the beginning or end of the URL
If the error persists, contact us and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot.
I’ve setup the app in Schoology, but I don’t see any students in my Ramsey Classroom gradebook.
Students are added to the gradebook after they access the app through Schoology. Once a student has accessed Ramsey Classroom through Schoology for the first time, you’ll see their name populate in your gradebook.
Do you offer gradebook passback with Schoology?
Gradebook passback is only available with Thin Common Cartridge, currently in Beta. Learn more here.