Retrieving Your LTI Parameters
First, the teacher will need to log in to RamseyClassroom.com to retrieve the school’s consumer key and consumer secret, along with the curriculum’s XML from Account Settings.
Canvas Setup for Teachers
- In Canvas, click Courses. Then choose a course.
- Click Settings.
- Click on the Apps tab and select View App Configurations.
- Click + App
- Under Configuration Type, select Paste XML.
- Set the fields as follows:
- Name: Your choice
- Consumer Key: Retrieved from the Account Settings in Ramsey Classroom
- Shared Secret: Retrieved from the Account Settings in Ramsey Classroom
- XML Configuration: Retrieved from the Account Settings in Ramsey Classroom
- Click Submit.
- Click the new link that appears in your course navigation. You may have to refresh your browser for the link to appear. The first time you click on this link your Foundations class will be created.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a teacher, I am seeing an error when I click the link to open the app in Canvas.
- You’re logged into Canvas as a Teacher (not an administrator)
- That you are using the email address that we have on file for your RamseyClassroom account
- You copied the full consumer key and secret (no spaces)
- That there is not an extra space at the beginning or end of the XML
If the error persists, contact us and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot.
I’ve setup the app in Canvas, but I don’t see any students in my Ramsey Classroom gradebook.
Students are added to the gradebook after they access the app through Canvas. Once a student has accessed Ramsey Classroom through Canvas for the first time, you’ll see their name populate in your gradebook.
My students are seeing an error when they click the link to open the app in Canvas.
Many schools/districts have multiple email addresses for students. Be sure your students are using the Canvas alias/email address that they used when they first accessed the app in Canvas. They cannot use a secondary alias or parent Canvas account to access the app.
Do you offer gradebook passback with Canvas?
Gradebook passback is only available with Thin Common Cartridge, currently in Beta. Learn more here.